Identify Best OTS Tools
Kevin Harding: 39 Years of Optics, Vision, Metrology Experience Editor/Primary Author CRC Handbook Optical Dimensional Metrology SPIE 30+ Years Chair, Instructor, Fellow, Past President, Pres. Award SME Young Engineer & Eli Whitney Award, Sr. Member, MVA Chair AIA Leadership Award, Engineering Society of Detroit Leadership Author >150 paper, 5 book chapters, >80 patents optics/metrology >80 Tutorials taught, Optics and Lighting for Machine Vision, Metrology, Optics for Non-Optics People, 3D Optical Metrology Expertise: Quality Systems, six sigma methods Optical System Design, Machine Vision System Development, Analysis Optical Metrology Application Engineering/ Technology/Market Evaluations Deep technical knowledge commercial (and non) optical gages (1- 2-3D) Extensive Government and Industry proposal and contract experience. Work Experience Includes: University of Dayton Reseaerch Institute, Industrial Technology Institute (Director: Cost, Quality, Productivity), GE Global Research (Principal Engineer).
Robert Tait: Over 37 years experience, Vision, Automation Frequent Speaker, Instructor: Vision Show, Automate, NI Week Worked with several company startups (electronics inspection..) Expertise: Machine Vision System/Automation Integration, Lab View Programming, Automation Control Lighting/Imaging/controls integration/Shop hardening Collaborative Robots. Work Experience includes: University of Dayton Research Institute (at WPAFB ), Industrial Technology Institute, Intelligent Reasoning Systems Inc, Dimension Data, GE Global Research.
Machine Vision and Visual Inspection:
Metrology and Dimensional Analysis:
1. “Machine Vision Lighting,” Harding, Kevin. The Encyclopedia of Optical Engineering. Marcel Dekker (2000).
2. “Overview Of Non-Contact 3D Sensing Methods,” Harding, Kevin, The Encyclopedia of Optical Engineering. Marcel Dekker (2000).
3. Kevin Harding, Gil Abramovich, Vijay Paruchura, Swaminathan Manickam, Arun Vemury, “3D Imaging System for Biometric Applications,” Proc. SPIE Vol 7690, (2010).
4. M. Daneshpanah and Kevin Harding, “Surface sensitivity reduction in laser triangulation sensors,” SPIE Poc. 8133-23 (2011).
5. Kevin Harding, “Method for the evaluation 3D non-contact inspection systems,” SPIE Proc. 8133-23 (2011)
6. Kevin Harding, Gil Abromovich, “Visual tools for human guidance in manual operations,” SPIE Proc. 8384 (2012).
7. Yi Liao, Robert Tait, Kevin Harding, “Continuous bucket creep measurement based on moiré,” SPIE Proc. 8563 (2012).
8. Kevin Harding, Esmaeil Heidari, Robert Tait, Guangping Xie, Zirong Zhai “Industrial surface finish method comparison for fine finish measurements,” SPIE Proc. 8563 (2012).
9. Esmaeil Heidari, Kevin G. Harding, Robert W. Tait, "Automated cylindrical mapper using chromatic confocal measurement", Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 8839, 88390F (2013).
10. Kevin G. Harding, Daniel C. Gray, "Dual resolution imaging for metrology applications", Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 8839, 883905 (2013)
11. Daniel C. Gray, Hongquiang Chen, Joseph Czechowski, et al., "A single lens with no moving parts for rapid high-resolution 3D image capture ", Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 8659, 86590N (2013)
12. Handbook of Optical Dimensional Metrology, Kevin Harding Editor, CRC Press, NY (2013).
13. Harding,K.; Daneshpanah, Mehdi; Xie, Guangping, Tao, Li; “Improved measurement dynamic range for point triangulation probes,” SPIE Proc. Vol. 9110 (2014).
14. Robert Tait, Guoshuang Cai, Magdi Azer, Xiaobin Chen, Yong Liu, Kevin Harding, “Method for controlling a laser additive process using intrinsic illumination,” SPIE Proc. Vol. 9489 (2015).
15. Robert Tait, Kevin Harding, Chris Nafis, “Composite layup monitoring using structured light,” SPIE Proc. Vol. 9489 (2015).
16. Yi Liao, Kevin G Harding, Rajesh Ramamurthy, “Small hole inner profile measurement methods,” SPIE Proc. Vol. 9489 (2015).
17. Kevin Harding, Rajesh Ramamurthy, Zirong Zhai, Jie Han, Dongmin Yang, “Effects of light wavelength and coherence in structured light sensors,” SPIE Proc. Vol. 9868-6 (2016).
18. Robert Tait, Kevin Harding, “Design of an aid to visual inspection workstation,” SPIE Proc. Vol. 9868-11 (2016).
19. Kevin Harding, “Multi-focus, high resolution inspection system for extended range applications,” SPIE Proc. Vol. 9868-13 (2016).
20. Kevin Harding, “Optimized Measurement of Gaps,” SPIE Proc. Vol. 10220-13 (2017).
1. System and Method for inspection of films (US20070115464)
2. Interferometer-based real time early fouling detection system and method (US20080084565) (US7428055)
3. Phase shifting imaging module and method of imaging (US20070133009) (US7466426)
4. System and method for extracting parameters of a cutting tool (US7577491) (EP1792687 A1)
5. Optical edge break gage (US20070109558) (EP1785693 A1) (JP2007139776) (US7,489,408)
6. Flatness Tester for Optical Components (US7327473)
7. Method and system for image processing for structured light profiling of a part (US7302109)
8. System and Method for detecting Defects in a Light-management film (US7199386)
9. System and method for detecting repeating defects in a light-management film (US7435986)
10. Methods for determining the depth of defects (US6874932) (JP2005024556)